Anna K. Choe, DDS
TMJ is the joint that connects the lower and upper jaw. The term TMJ stands for Temporo-mandibular Joint. This is one of the most complex joints in the entire body, capable of forward and backward movement, rotations, and side-to-side movements. TMJ often refers to complications and problems with this joint. Some of the most common symptoms of TMJ problems are:
- Limited movement of the lower jaw
- Clicking sounds
- Muscle spasms
- Locking of the jaw
Some potential causes of the disease include genetics, hormones, low-level infections, auto-immune diseases, trauma, and clenching or grinding of the teeth. Diagnosis and evaluation of such conditions are performed by dentists experienced in TMJ problems and treatments. Some common treatments are Night Guards, Bite Guards, and Bite Adjustments. Your dentist can guide you toward the best treatment for you.
If you experience any TMJ problems or symptoms please let us know. The doctor will be happy to evaluate your situation and offer the best treatment possible.
Anna K. Choe, DDS
Why Choose Us?
- We provide the best and latest in dental technology and treatment options.
- We provide gentle, family-oriented dental care to the adults and children of this community.
- We utilize low radiation digital x-rays for accurate viewing of teeth.
- In addition to general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry, we work with specialists in Periodontics (gum diseases), Implant dentistry, and Endodontics (root canal treatments), as well as other specialists.
We accept most insurance plans. We also accept payment from most PPO and indemnity plans. Please call our office to make an appointment and we will answer any questions you may have.
We accept all major credit cards, ATM cards, cash, and personal checks. We work with Care Credit and Lending Point for payment plans.