There are a few different causes of bad breath. Ranging from stomach problems to diets and teeth problems, most of the causes can be found in the mouth. They are:electric brush
- Tongue (when bacteria grows in between the papilla)
- Teeth cavities (especially when food particles get stuck in them)
- Gum diseases
- Extraction sites during healing
- Dentures when not cleaned properly
- Alcohol and tobacco
If you or someone you know is concerned about bad breath, the first step is a dental check up. Your dentist will be able to confirm or rule out the source of bad breath.
When the cause is found, treatment will be determined and explained by your dentist. If the source of the bad breath is your mouth, there is little chance that mouth washes or mints can treat the problem. They usually mask the problem for a short period of time, and can sometimes exacerbate the situation (mouthwashes that contain alcohol cause dry mouth and usually make the bad breath worse).
These are a few other, non-dental reasons that cause bad breath:
- Sore throat
- Some food
- Infection of air passages
Following a good oral hygiene routine and receiving regular dental check ups are the best ways to prevent bad breath.
Anna K. Choe, DDS
Why Choose Us?
- We provide the best and latest in dental technology and treatment options.
- We provide gentle, family-oriented dental care to the adults and children of this community.
- We utilize low radiation digital x-rays for accurate viewing of teeth.
- In addition to general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry, we work with specialists in Periodontics (gum diseases), Implant dentistry, and Endodontics (root canal treatments), as well as other specialists.
We accept most insurance plans. We also accept payment from most PPO and indemnity plans. Please call our office to make an appointment and we will answer any questions you may have.
We accept all major credit cards, ATM cards, cash, and personal checks. We work with Care Credit and Lending Point for payment plans.